Monday, January 17, 2011

Meet the Team

Mandy Brookshire 
Melissa, Texas (Women's Level 2)

From Mandy: 

My name is Amanda "Mandy" Brookshire and I am 35 years old (I will turn 36 in Greece on June 27th). I live at home in Melissa, Texas with my mom and dad and I have two married sisters who live close by in Frisco, Texas. I work at Centennial Hospital in Frisco, Texas, in dining services. The sports that I participate in are: Gymnastics, Swimming, Bowling and Basketball. I love to travel. I got to go to Nationals in Ames, Iowa with Team Texas and to the 2007 World Games in Shanghai, China with Team USA. My family usually goes to the beach each summer and I got to visit Chicago when my youngest sister went to college there. I am excited to go to training camp in California and World Games in Greece. Other than special olympics I love babysitting my 3 nephews and niece. They are fun. I enjoy going to movies. Momma Mia is one of my favorites! I am looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing old friends.

Mandy's mother and father will be attending World Games in Greece.

1 comment:

  1. Mandy - welcome back to Team USA! Looking forward to working with you!

    -Rory

    ReplyDelete